Never mind that the U.S. Cheese Championships are happening today in Milwaukee, or that UW-Madison’s own Big 10 basketball player of the year Frank Kaminsky is on the cover of Sports Illustrated, or that spring has sprung in Wisconsin, the real news today revolves around the “Cheese Taste Testing Challenge” dreamt up by the geniuses at Willy Street Co-op in Madison.
Behold the ultimate Wisconsin specialty cheese bracket:
Inspired by the NCAA basketball tournament, the 2015 Co-op Cheese Challenge sets 32 Wisconsin cheeses against one another to determine the state’s big cheese. In even more exciting news, several cheeses will be sampled at both Co-op locations from 9 am to 1 pm on:
- Today, March 19 through Sunday March 22 – Round 1
- Thursday, March 26 and Friday, March 27 – Squeaky 16
- Saturday, March 28 and Sunday, March 29 – Edible 8
- Thursday, April 2 and Friday, April 3 – Fromage Final 4
- Saturday April 4 and Sunday, April 5 – Cheese Championship
Throughout the Cheese Challenge we cheese geeks can vote via Facebook on which cheeses we like best to see who advances to the next round. You can also vote in-store at both Willy St. locations.
May the best cheese win!